The library has a modular
structure that can be used to create auditory investigation/application systems
or incorporated in existing code, as required. The library is intuitive in
application, and has comprehensive error reporting embedded in efficient code.
All the modules conform to a simple standard format. The design allows for
plugging and unplugging alternative models of the same component auditory
process for purposes of comparison. Ultimately DSAM is a development based on
the meld of experimental investigation methods and the tenets of good software
engineering practice. The following is a list of the principal features of
- Modular Structure;
- Written in ANSI-C so it is portable to all systems;
- Multi-channel data is handled invisibly;
- Binaural processing support;
- Wide collection of established physiological auditory models from many research workers;
- Extensive collection of analysis and utility modules already included;
- Efficient algorithms are used throughout;
- Comprehensive error handling incorporated in routines.
- Programming is possible on more than one level;
- Sound data file format reading/writing support;
- Segment-processing for long or continuous signals;
- A tool for creating modules to add to DSAM;
Main features new in version 2.8.x
- Revised manual - available in PDF format.
- WxWidgets 2.8 is used for graphical user interface support, available
for all major platforms.
- Improved parameter handling implemented for all models.
- Parallel processing using threads.
- The flagship AMS application written using DSAM which can be employed to run quite complex simulations.
- New RunDSAMSim matlab interface